Thanks to websites like Houzz and Pinterest and TV networks like HGTV and DIY, it's easier than ever to keep up with home decorating trends and find inspiration for improving your own home. Here are five of the top current interior design trends.
1. Screen-free rooms: After a long day of using your smartphone and computer, it can feel amazing to come home and take a technology break. More and more, homeowners are creating specific screen-free rooms-perhaps a library, craft room, or listening room-where you can escape from technology for a while.
2. Upholstered headboards: What if you could feel like you were sleeping in a luxury hotel bed every night? The bedding and mattress are an important part of that experience, but so is the aesthetic and comfort of an upholstered headboard.
3. Earth tones: Natural colors have become increasingly popular, especially deep greens. It's a great way to bring some of nature's colors indoors, whether as an accent wall, in blankets and pillows, or for furniture.
4. Black stainless steel: If you want a sleek, contemporary kitchen, black stainless steel is even more of a statement than traditional stainless steel.
5. Patterned fabrics: While solid upholstery will never go out of style, patterns have become trendy of late. It's an easy way to make a bold, eye-catching statement in your living space.
Author:KC Cormack Phone: 415-690-3346 Dated: March 8th 2017 Views: 309 About KC: Originally from Southern California, KC moved to San Francisco in 1990. After entering the real esta...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Established by the visionary John Barbagelata in 1952, Barbagelata Real Estate has become a premier agency throughout San Francisco and now the Bay Area. Our foundation of success is never forgetting the client experience is paramount to anything else. We offer a fresh, innovative approach with deep knowledge and expertise of our local markets. Our proven team of agents represents some of the top producers in the industry and we are affiliated (via Luxury Real Estate) with over 5,000 offices internationally.
Thank you from our owners: Paul Barbagelata, Broker & Anna Barbagelata, Associate Broker.
Not all home improvement projects are created equal. Some renovations
"I recently purchased my home with Barbagelata Real Estate. I was most fortunate to meet them during one of my open home tours. they were able to explain everything I needed to know to navigate the homebuying process. They were especially helpful in guiding me through the closing process, telling me what I needed to do at what time in order to execute my end of the deal. I was so happy to havetheur help, and I would recommend Barbagelata Real Estate to anyone looking to buy or sell their home!"